TOPAZ BUTTERFLY

This is just a collection of my own thoughts. Writing, is my way of letting my voice be heard. Don't ever catch a butterfly by its wings!

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Give me a CAPITAL "V"

There are few things in life that unite us all. I am convinced that one of those unifications is the desire to be validated. To know someone out there cares about you, loves you, respects you, trusts you and understands you. This need to be validated can come in all sorts of different packages big or small. It feels good when your boss pats you on the back and says" Good Job" or "That was a job well done". Or when a baby gets his or her needs met because of you. Or you are appreciated on any level for the things you do whether it be a spouse, a family member, or a significant other that says or makes a gesture of thankfulness. Just the other day a very good friend of mine commented on one of my posts and understood where I was coming from. That email from my friend was all it took to make me feel validated. To feel like I was worth something and contributing to this world in some small way by letting my voice be heard.
We all have that desire for validation it doesn't matter if you have climbed up the corporate ladder or you are on the bottom rung. You still want and need to be validated. I suppose the most important aspect of validation comes from a crush, a significant other, or a spouse. When the affection you have for someone is returned there is no greater validation on this Earth. The point of this post is to respect other people and their feelings. Remember the old adage that still rings true "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home