TOPAZ BUTTERFLY

This is just a collection of my own thoughts. Writing, is my way of letting my voice be heard. Don't ever catch a butterfly by its wings!

Sunday, August 07, 2005

HUMBLE PIE

(This One's for the Guys)

A few blogs ago, I wrote how I guy Max disappointed me. It is not now nor will it ever be my intention to bash men. I just knew that there were girls out there who could understand my frustration having been in a similar situation at one time or another themselves. It is a fact of life that the people we care about and care about us will inevitably disappoint us from time to time. However, I have recently realized that these same people can surprise us in the most unexpected ways. This guy that hurt my feelings and disappointed me, admitted that he was wrong and has humbly asked for my forgiveness. That doesn't happen too often and when it does happen you should sit up and take notice. I know I did. When a person is big enough to admit that he or she is wrong, it shows that the person has character. By the same token, when you have wronged a person you should be a big enough person to admit it.
Since I am writing this blog for the guys I will turn my attention towards them. Don't misunderstand me guys, girls can screw up too. We are not innocent. Well everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but I digress. What I am trying to say is that most of the time if you are sorry enough and strip yourself of your macho bravado you will find that most girls will give you a second chance whether you call up a radio station to make a song dedication, make her a romantic candle light dinner, call a florist, or publicly admit that you are wrong on the internet. Everyone deserves a second chance. Let me let you guys in on a little secret. We girls really don't require that much, but if we respect ourselves then we will demand it of you. After all, at the end of the day all we have is how we have treated others. So the next time you screw up and do something you think is unforgiveable, ask yourself if someone wronged me in this way what would I want them to do to show me they care. You might just be surprised at that person's ability to forgive. The next time someone extends the olive branch don't be too proud to reach out and grab it. Pride comes before the fall. Sit down with that person, grab a fork and indulge in some humble pie. It's only my humble opinion. That's my advice. You can take it or leave it.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger The Ichthyophile said...

hey what's up? sorry your link doesn't work on my blog. I'll have to look into that. keep up the good writing. I like how you think and articulate.
:op

 

Post a Comment

<< Home